New York Giants defensive lineman Dexter Lawrence trained all offseason and came to camp in tremendous shape, checking in at 6-foot-2 and and 342 pounds.

Lawrence wasn’t specifically focused on losing weight or gaining muscle, but rather maintaining size while adding strength and perfecting his conditioning. He’s also accepted that he’s likely to be on the bigger side for the rest of his life, so there’s an added emphasis on keeping his “sexy.”

“I was just trying to maintain and shape my body kind of thing. It’s kind of like, I’m to the point that I’m going to be big all my life. Just make it look good,” Lawrence told reporters on Thursday. “And keep my sexy on.”

You don’t earn the nickname “Sexy Dexy” for nothing.

Lawrence also revealed that he spent a large portion of the offseason studying tape of other elite players at his position in an effort to refine his game.

“My focus this offseason was learning the position more. I know there was a lot that I watched myself on tape that I didn’t exactly know what to do. This whole offseason I worked on myself, I worked on learning my position,” Lawrence said. “I trained with a bunch of guys this offseason. Guys that proved themselves in the league pretty much and just learn from them.”

Ultimately, Lawrence says, he’s confident in his abilities and feels the sky is the limit. He also feels that way about the defense as a whole.

“The sky’s the limit, for me. Anything is possible,” Lawrence added. “Our mindset, our motto is to get better each and every day and that’s where we start, wanting to be great. My goal is to push everybody to get better around me while bettering myself. That’s kind of where our heads at. We’re taking it day-by-day and focusing on the little things that turn into big things.”

With Dalvin Tomlinson now a member of the Minnesota Vikings, there will be added pressure on Lawrence to perform in 2021. The good news? He’s been working hard and could very well be on the verge of breaking out as one of the best all-around defensive linemen in football.